Hopscotch Clothing Swap
Please be a part of our FIRST Clothes Swap!
Hopscotch will be hosting the event for all interested in swapping some clothes + connecting with our community. All post-swap clothing will be donated to Courage Connection.
In order to participate you must drop off your clothing items at Hopscotch after 10/8 but before the event in exchange for a ticket to the main event. Since this is a swap, clothes must be brought in, and no tickets will be available for sale.
SWAP RULES (in a nutshell):
By coming to Hopscotch Swaps, you agree to the following Swap Rules:
1. Only bring clean items in good condition (in the correct sizes if applicable).
2. Do not take anything before the swap coordinator says “go”
3. Be kind and generous to other swappers. Don’t take stuff you will not personally use.
4. You agree that you WILL NOT SELL ANYTHING that you received.
5. Swaps are UNIQUE! If you attend a Hopscotch Swap you are agreeing to abide by the Hopscotch Swap Mission/goals. If you feel the above rules are unreasonable, do not attend.
–Your participation is your agreement to follow Hopscotch Swap rules.–
1. Swaps are UNIQUE! Coordinators volunteer their time for free. Venues donate their location for free. Swappers bring clean items in good condition for free, and in return find ‘new’ items for themselves. Remainders are donated to organizations and individuals who will GIVE them away, not sell them. No money changes hands. Everyone gets to play with kind, generous, thrifty, sustainability-minded people.
2. Bring only CLEAN items in good condition (no obvious rips, stains, no broken or missing zippers, no pant legs without the pants) in the sizes stated for that particular swap. If it is a stuff or gift swap, bring only stuff/gifts and save the sized clothing for a clothing swap. Please leave kids at home, for the safety and enjoyment of all.
3. Do NOT take anything before the swap coordinator says ‘go’. We all start at the same time so everyone has the same opportunities. If you see someone take something before the swap begins, please kindly remind them to put the item back until the swap begins. If the thrill of the chase and all that wonderful free stuff brings you to a panic/greed mode – slow down, take a deep breath, and know that there is plenty for everyone – including you! And just like in a retail store, sometimes you’ll find a lot you like, sometimes a little. Enjoy watching the thrill as everyone gets things they need, and come back next time to see what treasures are in store for you.
Hopscotch Swaps are kinda like a potluck – everyone brings something(s) and leaves full and happy. If you find that you complain instead of being grateful, Hopscotch Swaps are not the place for you.
5. By being here, you agree that you WILL NOT SELL ANYTHING that you received for free at any Hopscotch Swap(s). If your goal is to sell things, there are plenty of other places to get them. Swaps are NOT one of those places.
6. If you attend , you are agreeing to abide by the Swap Rules. No re-sellers, ebay sellers, etc, are invited to our swaps. Re-sellers, hoarders, and factious people will be asked to leave. Swaps are for the fun, entertainment, enjoyment, and good Karma of people who understand and appreciate the giving spirit of ‘free’:) People who come to swaps have found that as they have given freely of what they no longer need, they have received freely cool new stuff! Plus, remainders are donated to organizations that will give them away for free, so everyone is a philanthropist!
We are working with Courage Connection to donate the remaining items left post-swap.
Come join us in a Hopscotch Swap!
There will be our regular drinks and food items for sale at the bakery!