Welcome to Hopscotch and thank you for your inquiry! We are so excited to be involved in the most joyous occasions and can’t wait to learn about you as a couple and create a delicious and stunning dessert for you!
We bake all of our cakes from scratch using the finest quality ingredients. We believe that our passion for developing amazing recipes and commitment to quality ingredients is a major point of difference when choosing Hopscotch as your dessert supplier.
Our attention to color, detail, and design also sets us apart with a recognizable aesthetic that is understated, beautiful, and elegant. Our delicate piped details adds uniqueness to our designs, each one is hand crafted to suit the florals and design of your wedding.
I can't wait to help you through this process! Please feel free to email me any questions you may have prior to our consultation and tasting. Can't wait to meet you!
After your inquiry, steps 1-8 should take approximately 2-weeks to finalize. We work quickly to secure dates with our couples because we'd hate for you to miss out due to a scheduling error.
- Inquiry form is filled out and returned to Hopscotch. We respond to all orders as they come in and may take up to 48 hours to respond.
- Hopscotch Wedding page is sent to you with your password to see all of our wedding information (Yay! You're here!)
- You and your fiancé go over the details of this page and discuss what works best for you, your guests, your venue and your budget.
- You reply to Hopscotch with any questions you have about your wedding desserts and schedule a 30 minute consultation.
- Meet at Hopscotch for said consultation. Please bring any relevant materials, photos, etc. and we'll see if it's a right fit! To schedule a consultation email Kaya at email@example.com - Consultations are not available on Saturdays, Tuesdays, or busy holiday weekends.
- Schedule a tasting! All tastings cost $15 and include your choice of 3 cupcakes+fillings+icings. We will need a minimum of 7 days heads up. We do not do tastings or consultations for single 8" cutting cakes- they are considered a custom cake order only.
- You make a dessert selection and send Hopscotch any relevant information regarding your wedding desserts (i.e. Pinterest page, wedding color swatches, theme or overall vibe of the day, floral arrangements, etc).
- Hopscotch will send you a quote for the full wedding dessert order and a contract to sign stating you read and understand our policies.
- You accept our quote and sign the contract (almost done!)
- Your 20% retainer/deposit is submitted to secure your date in our schedule. We send you a digital sketch of your order and one for us to keep in our files.
Prior to the event
- Three weeks prior to your event you will receive an email with your quote from us finalizing any changes you may want to make. We know that RSVP's don't come as swiftly or efficiently as we all hope and sometimes it takes a bit to wrangle those last few.
- You make any necessary changes and finalize flavors and numbers for the event.
- You send us your day-of timeline which we will base our delivery times on. Even if we are not delivering, we will still need this.
- Hopscotch will send your final payment due invoice which is due 14 days prior to the event.
- Payment paid and YOU'VE MADE IT! You're set to enjoy the 3 weeks prior to your wedding without fussing over any dessert details and truly relish in all the work you've put in.
*We do not create replicas, licensed characters, logo cakes, or any fondant work, only buttercream. Please check with us if you have any questions or concerns. Fresh florals are the responsibility of the florist. *
Here’s the best part of planning your event! Our cakes and icings are made with all natural ingredients—available in gluten-free. Most are nut-free unless specified. Please let us know your ingredient needs before you come in. These are not the only flavors available- but they are our favorite. If you have something else in mind- please let us know. Flavors are listed from the lightest to the very most decadent. If you have any inspiration or photos of cakes you like- please send them our way!
Vanilla on Vanilla
Bourbon Vanilla Bean Cake. Light + fluffy with a touch of almond. Classic Wedding cake flavor- GF*Available
Devils Food Chocolate
Deep dark chocolate cake that is moist but not dense. *GF Available
A light and fluffy cake made with real Champagne. Pairs well with berries!
Brown Sugar-Oat Spice
Our take on the classic spice cake- extra moist and great for autumn weddings *GF Available
*Gluten Free available for an extra fee
fillings + icings
- Salted Caramel - Icing + filling
- Chocolate Ganache - icing + filling
- Fresh berries - filling
- Triple Berry Preserves - Icing + filling
- Pastry Cream Custard - filling only
- Cream Cheese Icing - filling only
- Citrus Poppyseed Curd - filling only
Looking for something else? Just let us know!
Traditional tiered cakes are a lovely centerpiece for a wedding and can be made to reflect the personalities of the bride and groom. Please check below for tiered cake options.
petite dessert bar
As an addition to your cake or to create a stunning display on their own, our petite desserts are made with all natural ingredients. Most are nut-free unless specified. A $400 minimum order is required with no less than four dozen per dessert.
• Cupcakes $3.50
• Cutting Cake $65
• 1/4 Sheet cake - $75 feeds ~48
• 1.5 Tier $175- 8" base + 6" top. Feeds ~36
• Two-Tier $275. 10" Base + 6” top. Feeds ~55
• Three-Tier $500. 12" Base + 10" center + 6" Top. Feeds ~150
• Four-Tier $700. 12" Base +10" Middle+ 8" Middle + 6" Top. Feeds ~225
• DELIVERY $50-$250 DEPENDING ON LOCATION
• SET-UP- INCLUDES STAND + TRAY RENTALS STARTS AT $100
• FRESH FLORALS + SPECIALIZED FRUITS $MARKET VALUE
• **ADDITIONAL DECOR OR CERTAIN TECHNIQUES DO COST MORE AND WILL BE DETERMINED AT CONSULTATION
In order to reserve a custom cake for your event date, a 20% nonrefundable deposit is required. Without this deposit, we cannot reserve your event date.
All final payments are due two weeks prior to your event date. If payments are not received by the agreed upon and specified due date, your order may be cancelled without deposit refund.
Due to our full schedule and personalized product customizations, refunds are not offered.
If the event is rescheduled, your deposits can be transferred to the new event date. This transfer is dependent upon availability and expires within three months of the original event date.
Once the nonrefundable deposit is processed, a full invoice and detailed design of your cake will be emailed to you for confirmation. Design changes can be made up three weeks before the event.
Additional charges may apply depending upon the scope of changes requested.
Hopscotch will not provide a wedding cake when sheet cakes, cupcakes, grooms’ cakes, cheesecakes, cake pops, or any other dessert items are provided by any other vendor without our permission.
Any desserts placed outside during an event has the possibility of melting or changing form due to weather conditions (such as, but not limited to, heat, wind, rain, and humidity). We are not liable once it has left our premises.
Delivery fees will be assessed on an individual basis but start at $50.
If you choose to pick up and transport your cake to your venue, we are not liable or responsible for the cake once it has left the bakery.
Cakes of three or more tiers will require our delivery due to increased risk of transportation damage if not properly handled.
Wedding and custom cakes are designed to serve the number of people specified upon ordering. Our cake serving size is 1" x 2". If larger slices of cake are served and serving numbers are decreased, we are not responsible for providing additional cake.
We always provide venues with accurate cutting instructions and trust that they will follow these guidelines. If, however, they cut servings that are inaccurate, we are not responsible for their error.
We always provide venues with accurate cake instructions (such as storage, serving temperature, serving time, saving the top tier, etc.) and trust that they will follow these guidelines. If, however, they do not follow these guidelines, we are not responsible for their error. Please be sure to discuss these specifications with your wedding venue consultant as well. We are happy to provide additional copies of our serving information upon request.
Artistic License Disclaimer
Every cake is handmade by our pastry chef and is subject to artistic interpretation. You may provide us with photographic inspiration for your order. We reserve the right to make minor changes to the design at any point in the process in order to benefit the aesthetic, as seen fit by our cake decorators.
We photograph our cakes and reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotional uses without client compensation or permission.
We make every effort to match your colors. However, to get as close as possible, please provide us with a color swatch. Also, food-grade dyes may sometimes be difficult/impossible to match. Darker colors have a tendency to darken further with time, humidity, and heat. Therefore, we cannot guarantee a perfect color match.
Client-Supplied Accessories + Rentals
Fabrics, stands, signage, and any other accessories provided by the client that we are to add to the order must be brought to us a minimum of one week prior to the order due date.
Cake stand + platters, etc must be returned within two business days of the event conclusion. Customer agrees to pay full replacement fee if these are not returned on time and/or are returned damaged (not in the condition they were given).
*All terms, conditions & pricing noted in this document are subject to change*