- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lavender-lemon sugar
- 1 cup (two sticks) butter, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- course sugar, optional
In a food processor, pulse powdered sugar, dried lavender, and lemon zest until lavender flowers and lemon are well incorporated. Add softened butter to the food processor and cream with the sugar. Add flour and salt. Mix just to combine. Remove dough from food processor and on a large piece of parchment or waxed paper, gently form dough into an 8-inch log. Gently roll the paper around dough to create a smooth log. (Dough will be sticky) Chill dough at least 4 hours or up two a few days. When ready to bake, heat oven to 375F degrees. Slice chilled dough into 1/4-inch slices. If desired, roll or sprinkle in a course sanding sugar. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely before serving.
Rosemary & Sea Salt Roasted Almonds
- 1 pound of raw almonds
- 3 teaspoons rosemary sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper, or more if you prefer
- 2½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder.
- In a medium sized bowl, add almonds, spices and olive oil. Mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Lay seasoned almonds on a baking sheet with sprigs of rosemary.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then mix almonds using a spatula taking care to fold in the sprigs of rosemary.
- Bake for another 5 minutes and mix again. Repeat two more times to equal 20 minutes total roasting time. You can roast for additional 5 minute time segments if you want your almonds even more crunchy. Baking time may vary slightly for everyone.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Vanilla Extract Kit
- Add 90+ proof alcohol to bottle ( rum, vodka, bourbon, etc)
- Wait for 3-6 months, shake once a month or so
- voila! vanilla extract!
- You can re-use your beans up to 5 times